Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Restaurants: San Francisco: Bar Crudo

Just back from dinner at Bar Crudo with my friend the New Belgium Brewing Company guy. My wife and I had been meaning to go since October, but circumstances prevented us from making it across the bay. Long time readers probably know that I am down with the raw cause.

Still, friends of mine would probably have placed even money on our making it to Esca before Crudo.


Looking around the various review websites (Yelp, Citysearch, Gayot) you see a lot of posts with positive reviews of various dishes, including the seafood chowder, and the friendly service. Negative chatter on the boards has to do with dish size, dish price, and occasionally slow service.


The crudo sampler included:

  • Arctic Char with Wasabi Tobiko and dill

  • Black cod with Quail Eggs, Tobiko, and Blood Orange

  • Scallops with Fennel and Grapefruit

  • Spicy Yellowfin Tuna cubes

  • I'll save detailed comments until I can pull together a review, but I'm philosophical about the Raw Premium. Also, service was generally quicker than my friend and I were as we ordered wine and dishes. I expect to head back next week with my wife.

    Apologies for the photos, which were taken with a phone.

    No comments: