Sunday, April 01, 2007

Scharffen Berger Looking for a Marketing Manager

A friend passed along this job listing for a Marketing Manager at what appears to be Scharffen Berger. Or at least an Artisan Confections Company in Berkeley that is owned and operated by Hersheys. What with me content to be building and plying my marketing skills at a certain publicly traded Device Software Company in Alameda, thought I'd share it with all of you folks (whomever you are).

I'm curious to see how this marriage of Hersheys and the Scharffen Berger people and brand play out. At Peet's this morning I noticed Scharffen Berger easter candies. You know, egg-shaped milk chocolate in silver wrappers, even something described as an egg with chicks inside. I suppose there's some money to be made there, but if it happened to be Easter and I was wanting an "artisan confection" I don't think I'd care what shape it was in. Wouldn't it make more sense to do something seemingly seasonal? In our house that would probably mean mint or lavendar.

No comments: